Wednesday, 1 June 2016

5 Things To Be Happy About // MHP

Bonjour!

So, if you've been reading for a while, you may have read my two posts Deep Thoughts and 100 Things That Make Me Happy, and you may know I've been a little 'depressed' lately. So I started 'The Happiness Project', which you can read about in the '100 Things' post.

So yeah, its a little series I've decided to start that might make me feel a bit better *how self-centred did that sound!?!* and that it might help other people going through a similar thing feel a bit better as well. So in today's post, I want to share '5 Things To Be Happy About', just little things that you may have never noticed, but they can make you happy, or they make me happy at least.



1. WE HAVE OUR WHOLE LIVES AHEAD OF US // Yep. Everything we do is up to us. We have so much to do, see and achieve, and it makes me happy just thinking about that. If you're ever panicking about the future, just stop for a second and remember, 'its my life and its up to me, I might not have a plan, but whatever I do, I am going to make it fun'. 

2. WE HAVE A VOICE // I am writing a post about this in a few weeks I think, so more on that then. But for now, I'm so thankful that I have the ability to tell others about my views and that I can do something about it. And its upsetting that not everyone has that opportunity, but if you are lucky enough to have it, embrace it, use it and kick butt with it.

3. WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO WE CARE ABOUT, AND PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT US // They might have a funny way of showing it, but there is someone out there who really cares about you, even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes. You might not even know them, but they know you and you matter to them. It might just be the little old lady sat in her shop who sees you go past on your way to school at a certain time everyday. She'd notice if you didn't walk past one day, and she'd wonder where you were. She'd think if you were ill, if you went on holiday, if you'd gotten a lift, if you've skived, if she'd just missed you walking past, because even though she doesn't know you, she cares about you, and I find that amazing.

4. WE HAVE THE POWER TO HELP OTHERS // We have evolved so much that we can save lives. We can improve the lives of others, and in turn, improve our own. We don't even have to do that much, just smiling, asking them how they are and maybe even just talking to them could help someone, and, once again, mind blowing.

5. Finally, and maybe most importantly, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE WHO WE ARE // We can decide who we want to be, what we get to do, what we wear, how we look, how we act, where we travel to, what we do with our life and, most importantly, what and who makes us happy.
Many people, especially my generation, don't know this yet, or have never learnt this, or someone else has their entire life planned out for them, which is not okay. We should learn that we can be who we want to be from the age we can understand the simplest thing.

I hope this post made you think in some way, let me know if you'd like me to do more of these posts and if you have any ideas for 'My Happiness Project', please let me know! What's something you are happy about?

Parle bientot et Je t'aime,
Charlotte <3

34 comments:

  1. I'm agree with all the 5 things ! Sometimes we forget about thesw beautiful things in our life :) we are very lucky even if sometimes it's hard ! xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you just said 1000000% Xx

      Delete
  2. Charlotte! This is the cutest post - I absolutely adore it! Everything you said is so true and so inspiring. It has definitely made me feel EVEN more grateful than I was before. It really is so important to remember that WE DO HAVE A VOICE and we do have the power to help others. The fact that one person can save another persons life is insane, yet incredible.

    Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful. I love you lots. I'm so proud of you <3

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely x I know, right?!?!
      That means so much, thank you again girlie <3

      Delete
  3. I loved this post! It made me remember all of the things I should be happy about! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with what you've put! I think sometimes we forget how important our voices are and how influential and powerful they can be! Loved this post, and I hope you find your some of your greatest happiness soon so you're not stuck feeling sad for too long because nobody should feel down!😚💛 Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10000% agree! Thank you so much lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. I honestly agree with you so much! Nowadays people are copying others and we need to find happiness within! Maybe another happiness post could be about how you can come out of depression and find the happiness at the end of the tunnel. Great post as always xx

    Najida | The Average Gurl
    www.theaveragegurl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! Thank you Najida! Xx

      Delete
  6. This is such an inspiring and lovely post to read! Everything you said I totally agree with! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon and this was such a cute post! I am happy about how I am being more confident in myself xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Good! I'm so happy for you love! xx

      Delete
  8. I agree with all of these ☺️ I'm happy and grateful for family and good friends who stick by you, I hope you're feeling better soon Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post!Well done Charlotte,sometimes its easy to forget about these things so it was a great reminder.I hope you can beat that 'depression' feeling soon and get back to your old self again xx

    https://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude!! just stumbled across your blog and i think this is adorable. ♡
    - ikky xo // ikkysus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something about that picture with the sharpies which makes me feel so happy! This is such a good post, so interesting to hear your views on these topics! Helping others is amazing, especially when you help a stranger it brings so much joy to me!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you so much lovely, I love that as well! Xx

      Delete
  12. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you chicken!
      I'd love to! Xx

      Delete
  13. This is such a lovely positive post! Thank you so much for sharing! I agree with all of these things xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I'm so happy you liked it! Xx

      Delete
  14. This is such a beautiful post <3 People like you give me hope for our generation! If everyone showed just a little kindness everyday the world will be a lot better

    lovely post,
    Danika xxx
    www.itsjusttypical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! That's made my day! Xx

      Delete
  15. What a lovely post! I agree in everything you had said. Thanks for sharing! :) x
    itsnotalthea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really think that the thought of new opportunities is a great reason to be happy
    www.not-a-typical-teenager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely post! I definitely agree that we should be happy about the fact we have the power to help others as it's something I stand strongly for!

    beautifulearful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Good! Me too! <3

      Delete