So, if you've been reading for a while, you may have read my two posts Deep Thoughts and 100 Things That Make Me Happy, and you may know I've been a little 'depressed' lately. So I started 'The Happiness Project', which you can read about in the '100 Things' post.
So yeah, its a little series I've decided to start that might make me feel a bit better *how self-centred did that sound!?!* and that it might help other people going through a similar thing feel a bit better as well. So in today's post, I want to share '5 Things To Be Happy About', just little things that you may have never noticed, but they can make you happy, or they make me happy at least.
1. WE HAVE OUR WHOLE LIVES AHEAD OF US // Yep. Everything we do is up to us. We have so much to do, see and achieve, and it makes me happy just thinking about that. If you're ever panicking about the future, just stop for a second and remember, 'its my life and its up to me, I might not have a plan, but whatever I do, I am going to make it fun'.
2. WE HAVE A VOICE // I am writing a post about this in a few weeks I think, so more on that then. But for now, I'm so thankful that I have the ability to tell others about my views and that I can do something about it. And its upsetting that not everyone has that opportunity, but if you are lucky enough to have it, embrace it, use it and kick butt with it.
3. WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO WE CARE ABOUT, AND PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT US // They might have a funny way of showing it, but there is someone out there who really cares about you, even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes. You might not even know them, but they know you and you matter to them. It might just be the little old lady sat in her shop who sees you go past on your way to school at a certain time everyday. She'd notice if you didn't walk past one day, and she'd wonder where you were. She'd think if you were ill, if you went on holiday, if you'd gotten a lift, if you've skived, if she'd just missed you walking past, because even though she doesn't know you, she cares about you, and I find that amazing.
4. WE HAVE THE POWER TO HELP OTHERS // We have evolved so much that we can save lives. We can improve the lives of others, and in turn, improve our own. We don't even have to do that much, just smiling, asking them how they are and maybe even just talking to them could help someone, and, once again, mind blowing.
5. Finally, and maybe most importantly, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE WHO WE ARE // We can decide who we want to be, what we get to do, what we wear, how we look, how we act, where we travel to, what we do with our life and, most importantly, what and who makes us happy.
Many people, especially my generation, don't know this yet, or have never learnt this, or someone else has their entire life planned out for them, which is not okay. We should learn that we can be who we want to be from the age we can understand the simplest thing.
I hope this post made you think in some way, let me know if you'd like me to do more of these posts and if you have any ideas for 'My Happiness Project', please let me know! What's something you are happy about?
Parle bientot et Je t'aime,