Wednesday, 22 June 2016

How To Deal With Growing Up // Collab

Bonjour!

Growing up sucks doesn't it? When I was little, I didn't have so much to do, I could read for fun and I had far less school work. Growing up comes with a few problems which a lot of people struggle with, so today I'm going to talk about it and give you a few tips on how to possibly deal with it.

But first, this is a collab with the lovely Jade from Simply Jadey! We've been chatting for around a month now and I think we've become good friends so I was really happy when we started to plan this post! You should definitely go and give her blog a read as I absolutely love it! She writes about fashion, beauty and life, as well as some really helpful posts about things not many people write about, which I love! Jade is such a lovely person and you can definitely get this from her amazing blog [which you can check out here]! Also be sure to go and check her out on her social medias and on Bloglovin'!

We have each chosen two topics each that we find difficult with growing up. I'm going to write about having a load of responsibilities all of a sudden and forgetting your childhood, and Jade is writing about pressures from society and having to deal with how everything changes so quickly. As you might have realised, this could be quite a long post so I'd go and make yourself a nice cup of tea or something before you continue!

Sudden Huge Amount Of Responsibilities

Life changes quickly. Very quickly. Its like you had nothing to do then all of a sudden you're buried under a pile of textbooks and swamped in schoolwork and friendship dramas. Big changes come with big responsibilities, and they can be quite a shock to the system, things such as making sure you do all your homework and that you hand it all in on time, finding your own ways to manage your time and, the big one, having to decide what you are going to do with your life, yep scary.

So I have a few tips for you. If you feel as though you can't cope with everything, tell someone. They most likely won't be mad and they'll want to help you. This is something that I wish I'd done earlier, because its helping, and I'm not just saying that. Sharing what is stressing you out with someone you trust will help, someone else will understand and they may give you a few tips on how to juggle everything.

I know that many people will say this, but write everything out. I've done this for June and its really helped me because I don't forget to do anything. So for example, I have my Chinese Writing Controlled Assessment, reminders to get a birthday card for my friend and reminders to write blog posts and #beechat letters!



Forgetting Your Childhood

Now, this is quite a deep subject for me, as this is one of my biggest fears. Whether that be primary school, memories with/of friends and family, silly little random things or just things about me. Forgetting anything makes me scared - but I've come up with a few ideas that I'm going to share with you. First is a box - I have a memory box with some things in that remind me of something or someone. I have one or two of these, the first one I started a few years ago, it has the fake bouquet I had when I was a bridesmaid for my Auntie Deb in 2004, my Great-Grandad's glasses, money pouch, little teddy and a photo, as well as my wristband from the Little Mix Get Weird Tour. Then I have my new one(s), it has my penpal letters in from my internet friends, my bucket list, a little envelope with my favourite songs in and I plan on adding more things like that. The difference between them is, the older one was my childhood, Little Charlotte, but my new one has (or will have) everything in that I want to remember about my teenage life. In this new box, I want to have the following things inside:
 
Letter to My Future Self, Aged 20 (I have nearly finished it!)
'My Happiness Project' Book - which I am yet to make
Dance Certificates, Rosettes and Medals
Photos and Photo Albums
My Book Of Deep Thoughts -more on this later
My Bucket List
£10 (just in case I'm broke in the future)
Lyrics to My Favourite Songs
Concert Tickets
List of My Favourite Songs
My Scrapbook(s)
Short Stories I Have Written
A Video of Me to Watch In The Future
School Photos *I'll need something to laugh at*
Family Photos
Important Newspaper Clippings
My Sad Book
My Favourite Book
My Favourite Magazines
A List of Current Expressions
The Penpal Letters I have received/will receive from my Internet Friends
A 'Look Book' of my Favourite Clothes
A List of Things I Want To Learn
My Favourite Blog Posts I've Written
 
AND MORE
 
And if you sometimes feel like me, I suggest that you try having a box with all those things inside because I love looking in mine to cheer me up!
 
That's all for today's post! Be sure to go and check out my amazing friend Jade's post! If you have any more ideas for anything I have mentioned, let me know in the comments!
 
Parle bientot et Je t'aime,
Charlotte <3

18 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a memory box and may have to copy it!! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post! I miss primary school so much, getting to colour in for the whole day and playing bull dog on the field. :( Now life is full of work and exams.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Charlotte and I'm so glad that we chose this topic to do a collab on! Your memory box sounds amazing and I'd love to see you do a separate blog post on it sometime in the future!! Love you lots <3

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jade! So am I, haha thank you! I'd really like to - I'll have to get it planned! <3

      Delete
  4. I loved this post Charlotte! It's really well thought out and I love the idea of the box! Xx

    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw memory boxes are such a cool concept, I've never had one myself so I may have to start! Such a cute post idea, loved it! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I can totally relate to that sudden feeling of responsibility that is sprung onto you when you start to grow up. I love the idea of writing a letter to your 20 year old self so I might do that! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! You should, let me know how it goes! Xx

      Delete
  7. Where did the time go? It feels like I was only 10 and now I am 13! Thanks for the writing one I am totally going to use that one x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I am 21 next week and its insane how fast life is going!! Good idea about the box! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma and happy birthday for next week! Xx

      Delete
  9. The box you mentioned sounds lovely and is such a great idea! May have to make myself one of them!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend that you do! Xxx

      Delete