Friday, 30 December 2016

17 Things To Start In 2017

Bonjour!

Hey everyone! With New Year rapidly approaching, I wanted to set some "resolutions". However, I didn't want to call them "resolutions" because I think that my brain has become immune to that word and completely ignores anything related to it. So, in order to try an confuse my own brain (this got VERY psychological VERY quickly), I have called this post '17 Things To Start in 2017'! Side note: did you get the 17 in 2017 bit? aye aye aye - oml I'm so old. Anyway! Another side note: I know 17 sounds like a lot, but with much of a list, I must be able to achieve at least one, right?........



🌟 Practice Playing My Ukulele More Often - I started learning in the summer but haven't really had the time to pick it up since, so I'd like to find time to play it again

🌟 Learn to Play Piano Again - When I was 9 to 10, I had piano lessons which I wasn't a huge fan of then, but I want to try and learn how to do play again. In the last year or two, I have realised how much I actually love music and I'd love to be able to play it.

🌟 Keep A Gratitude Journal - I'd love to start one of these because I am always busy/have something to do (especially around school time) and I never really have time to sit down and think. I think that if I started one of these, then I'd be able to appreciate things more.


🌟 Dance More Often - I love dancing. I have always loved dancing. And as far as I am concerned, I shall always love dancing. But I don't get to do it that much. I have a dance lesson once a week, on a Tuesday, but I'm following someone else's routine and I'd love if I could find time to dance how I want to. (That doesn't make sense, but I hope you catch my drift)

🌟 Do Yoga - I want to start doing this because its supposed to be very good for you. Stress relief, muscle something-or-other, improves flexibility, helps you to focus, improves balance and it helps you sleep better. So I thought I'd give it a try!

🌟 See My Friends Outside of School At Least Once A Month - I love my friends to pieces and I hardly see them outside of school/school events, which is quite sad. I think the last time I saw friends outside of a school thing, was August, yep, August.


🌟 "Hike" - I don't think I've said this online anywhere yet, but in 2018, I'm going on a World Challenge to Nepal. For this, I need to be good at walking long distances with a heavy backpack on. Soooo in an attempt to prepare myself for that, I need to start going out for long walks/hikes with a heavy bag on. - is that a sufficient explanation, eh, who cares, it makes sense. Moving on!

🌟 Eat More Healthy - Yeah, I'm sure you'll find this on every post like this you read. Its such a generic "resolution" but still! I'm actually going to try and do this properly. I will. I will. I promise. *is that a slight scent of doubt I smell?*

🌟 Drink More Water - Much like the yoga, water has multiple health benefits for you - who knew!?! Anyway, sarcasm aside, I definitely don't drink enough water, at all. And I should. So I'm going to. 'Nuff said.

🌟 Call My Family More Often - Most of my family live far away, my Dad's family being about 2 hours and my cousins about the same in the opposite direction. This means I don't see them that much and I don't really talk to them that much either.



🌟 Make YouTube Videos More Frequently - I have so many ideas, I have even thought out how I'm going to speak in the video but I never, or very rarely get round to making it. That is something I want to change and it is something that will happen. It will.

🌟 Make Sure I Have Time For Myself - Aaaah, yeah, this didn't really happen that much at all in 2016. I spent so much of my time either doing school work, sorting out other people (which I didn't mind doing) or stressing too much about stuff that didn't matter, I never really left any time for me to "relax", as it were. In 2017, I want to start allocating time for doing stuff like reading, calling friends and family, playing music, writing and all that sort of thing, because now I realise how important it all is.

🌟 Practice the Languages I Started Learning Months Ago - I love the concept of travelling the world, seeing everything the world has and learning about the people all over the planet. In fact, the idea of one day being able to actually GO PLACES helped me a lot back in May-July. So, in those months I started learning languages on Duolingo. I started learning French (I do this at school too), German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and a bit of Norwegian. I'd love if I could start back up with learning these in 2017.

🌟 Take A Photo Every Day of The Year - I love taking photos and having things to look back on soooo why not mix the two together and do this? I am hoping to be posting these photos on my Instagram, @VieAvecCharlotte, in case, I don't know, you wanted to, maybe, see them or something? I don't know.

🌟 Write More Letters - I love writing letters, like, a lot. I write to other bloggers and to one of my cousins and I honestly love doing it so much. Its so nice to just sit down and write to someone you would only really ever hear from online.


🌟 Learn New Words - Okay, if you know me irl, you are probably thinking, "why? You already know too many?!". Yeah, oh well. I like words, I like learning them and what they mean and, my favourite part of the "new-word learning process", is when you can finally use it in a sentence and confuse the heck out of whoever you said it too - evil? Maybe ;-)

🌟 Read! READ! R E A D! -  In 2016, I don't think I finished more than one book (outside of school), which is awful. I used to love reading up until the age of about 12, when my year 8 English teacher took all the fun out of it for me - you know who you are, sir, you know. Also, this would help with the above "resolution"; its like killing two birds with one stone, metaphorically, of course.

And that's it! My last blog post of 2016. I'd like to thank you all so much for reading and commenting such lovely things on my posts! All my love and good luck for 2017!

Parle bientot et Je t'aime,
Charlotte <3

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a gratitude journal but it sounds like such a good idea! I really like learning languages too, I learn 2 at school but I would love to learn at least one more xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I also want to learn new words, I don't know what it is but there is something so satisfying about more sophisticated vocabulary. Also I love the idea of taking a photo everyday so you have them to look back on at the end of the year.
    Hollie xx
    holliethorpe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte, I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. I absolutely love your blog so if you want to, you can check out my post over on my blog.

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete