Friday, 23 December 2016

Goals for 2016 - A Review

Bonjour!

Hey everyone, I'm sorry its been so long since I've blogged or blogged properly anyway. Today, seen as this month is going by so fast, and I am feeling kind of thoughtful and such, I wanted to sit down and have a little 'blog chat', if you will, with you. I am planning on doing this post in two sections, reflecting on the goals I set myself on the 1st January last year and then what I think about then vs now.




~ My Goals for 2016 ~

  • Hit 1200 Instagram followers
  • Hit 120 Twitter followers
  • Get 50 followers on Bloglovin
  • Reach 3000 total pageviews
  • Make some internet/blogger friends
  • Stay positive
  • Be kind to everyone
  • Write at least 100 blog posts
  • Take better photos for my blog and Instagram
Okay so a lot of these were based around the numbers, which maybe isn't that good but it did help motivate me to keep blogging and posting. I'm so happy to say that since January 1st 2016 I have gone from 813 Instagram followers to 1302, 68 Twitter followers to 630 and 7 Bloglovin followers to 537, and to some people that may not be that much and to some it may be loads, but I am proud of myself for those achievements. Much like the above three, the fourth is also based around numbers. On January 1st 2016, I had 1667 total page views, I wanted to reach 3k views and I am so happy to say that I am so close to 23k views - which is just insane! Thank you so much for reading what I write, no matter how ranty or weird it sounded!

'Make some internet friends' is something I loved the idea of ever since I started blogging back in July 2015. I am so happy that this year, around the end of May/start of June, I made so many lovely blog friends! I joined TTATB and I became penpals with lovely bloggers, such as my Lil' Potato and Jade.

Now, 'stay positive'. When I wrote this in January, I was stressing (A LOT) but it was under control and everything was basically fine. However, when bad stuff hit me, back in April, I really struggled with this one, but I plan on making a video about the year next week, around then anyway, so I'll explain more then.

I think I managed to be kind to everyone. Well, there is one person I can think of, but they weren't exactly bezzie mates with me, sooooooooo.

MOVING ON!

Like I said earlier, I obviously didn't know that what happened with me was going to happen so I was still pretty much full of optimism and hope; Setting this goal seemed realistic to 2015 ish Charlotte. Until today I guess, I felt rather guilty and disappointed with myself for not doing this but then I thought, considering how shyte this year was, I am so proud of myself for writing the amount of posts I did. This will be blog post number 81 that went up this year, three were gest posts, but that still means I wrote 78 blog posts this year. Once again, to some people that may not be that much and to some it may be loads, but I am still proud of myself for achieving that much.

And finally, take better photos. I mean, yeah, I did kind of happen I guess, but if I had honestly tried harder in 2015 to actually take photos when IT WASN'T DARK, this goal may not have been. This is how I have "improved":

December 2015
January 2016
June-ish 2016
October 2016




This year wasn't the best but I'm going to talk more about that in the near future. This post didn't really turn out how I thought it could, its just kind of a self gloat really, whoops! Oh well, I've had enough of feeling crap this year, I think its okay to have a little gloat once in a while! Thank you for reading,

Parle bientot et Je t'aime,
Charlotte x

3 comments:

  1. Well done for achieving so many of your goals. Have a good Christmas! x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had an awful year. However it has slowly started to get better and i aim to make 2017 awesome.

    Abbie// http://lifeofabbiejenkins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You achieved so many of your goals! I hope you have an amazing 2017 because you definitely deserve it xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete