Saturday, 22 July 2017

Summer Reading List 2017 || Collab with Abbie

Hey everyone,

Today's post is a collab with my lovely internet friend Abbie from Life Of Abbie Jenkins! We'll be sharing the books we hope to read over the summer holiday this year. I really want to get back into reading this summer and when Abbie suggested we did a collab, I thought it would be a perfect way for me to get motivated to read. Let's begin!



(Side note: If you watched my Summer Reading List video last summer, you will notice that a lot of those books feature here - that's because I've hardly done any reading this year, whoops)
  • On The Other Side ~ Carrie Hope Fletcher
  • All I Know Now ~ Carrie Hope Fletcher
These two I've owned for over a year and I've not read yet. However, I am determined to get these read because I've heard so many good things and reviews about them and I know they'll be amazing reads.


  • Eleanor and Park ~ Rainbow Rowell
I have heard this book floating around the internet a lot and I'd really like to read it. I'm currently reading "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell and I really like the writing style. I googled the plot of the book and it sounds really good and I'm very excited to read it!
  • The One We Fell In Love With ~ Paige Toon
Okay, time for honesty. I saw this on the Zoella Book Club stand in WHSmith and I was mainly attracted to it by the cover. I know - all that "don't judge a book by its cover", but I did - whoops. This isn't the type of book I'd usually go for (she says, implying that she reads often - which she does not). It is written from 3 different points of view - because it is about 3 different girls all falling in love with one boy. I thought it would be an interesting read as it is from different POVs and I thought of it as like reading 3 different stories at once? 


  • Me and Earl and the Dying Girl ~ Jesse Andrews
I started reading this book well over a year ago and then I forgot I was reading it, picked up another book and never came back to this one - which I regret. I'm about 3/4 the way through and I really want to know what happens in the end. So I am definitely reading this one after I've finished the book I'm reading at the moment.
  • The One Memory of Flora Banks ~ Emily Barr
  • Holding Up The Universe ~ Jennifer Niven
I have seen these books advertised EVERYWHERE. YouTube. Instagram. Twitter. Actual real life book shops. You name it, I've seen them there. These two books have been released fairly recently and, I've googled them previously, they have really interesting plots.

  •  All The Bright Places ~ Jennifer Niven
If you haven't heard about this book - you must have been living under some sort of rock for about 2 years because this book has been everywhere. And I'm very much looking forward to joining in and reading it.


  • I am Malala ~ Malala Yousafzai
Like a few of the others, I've owned this book for quite a long time and never read it. Malala is and has been one of my inspirations for a very long time. I think it'd be really interesting to read her story and all her thoughts in her own words, seen as she helped shaped a lot of my views.
  • The Harry Potter Series
I was talking to Holly about reading all the Harry Potter books over the summer and I really want to but I don't think I'll get them all done over the six weeks - as much as I'd love to. I thought I'd still include them as I do have the intention of reading them - but I rather fancy the idea of being all wrapped up in Autumn/Winter with hot chocolate and rain tapping against my window whilst I read about magic and a life I definitely would rather have.

Thank you for reading, if you have any other books that you think I'd like to read, please let me know and make sure you check out Abbie's post!

Parle bientot,
Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. This is such a coincidence because I have a post exactly like this going up soon, how funny?! All The Bright Places is such a beautiful book, can't believe you haven't already read it, I hope you enjoy it! I definitely want to read some of Carrie's books because I have heard so many good things, definitely report back!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give your post a read! I know! I've had it for ages but never picked it up! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I've read it am malala and it is SOOO great, I hope you enjoy it! I would recommend these books called the art of being normal and beautiful broken things as theyou are both amazing!!
    Ps. I really enjoy your blogxxx ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check those out - thank you! Xx

      Delete